Bhagavad-Gita Quiz competition
Online Gita Quiz competition on the occasion of Gita Jayanthi
Through His divine discourse, the Bhagavad-Gita, Lord Krishna saved Arjuna from a position of deep distress. After hearing the Gita Arjuna freed from all doubt, attained transcendental enlightenment and vigorously took up his war duties on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. Srila Prabhupada teaches that it was Lord Krishna’s purpose that through this sublime dialogue humanity may forever be educated about the eternal truths of life and through that be free from suffering.
We have organised this Gita-Quiz as part of our Gita Jayanti celebrations. Gita Jayanthi is the day on which Lord Krishna spoke the transcendental knowledge to His dearmost friend Arjuna on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. This year the Gita Jayanthi falls on 21st December, Monday.
This Gita Quiz is an attempt to inspire people to delve into the teachings of this divine book, about which Einstien had said, “When I read the Bhagavad-Gita and reflect about how God created this universe everything else seems so superfluous."
Describing it Srila Prabhupada, the Founder of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, ISKCON, said, “Just what is the Bhagavad-gītā? The purpose of Bhagavad-gītā is to deliver mankind from the nescience of material existence.” Thus the Gita is a vital source of enlightenment for humanity to vanquish all ignorance that is the root of suffering.
What is the competition ?
The competition requires that you should answer eight questions based on the the “Bhagavad-Gita As It Is” by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupad. You should also tag ten of your friends while answering these questions on our Facebook.This competition will be open from 19th December to 27th December. If you answer all the 8 questions correctly, then you become eligible to receive a free copy of the Bhagavad-gita As It Is. We shall select 25 winners to receive this free copy of the Bhagavad-gita As It is. Further we shall select from among these 25 winners one winner and organize a one-day pilgrimage for the winner to Vrindavan, Mathura. This special winner can bring along with him/her another 3 of his family members or friends.*
Lord Krishna says in the Bhagavad-gita one who reads the Bhagavad-gita worships Me with his intelligence! So what are you waiting for ? Takeup this challenge of Gita Quiz and discover the Bhagavad-Gita.
Share the enthusiasm with as many people as possible and win the Grand Prize! But the wonder of it all is that even if you don’t you will still be a winner fordeveloping familiarity with the Bhagavad-Gita-the greatest of books!
na ca tasman manushyeshu kascin me priya-krittamah
bhavita na ca me tasmad anyah priyataro bhuvi
There is no servant in this world dearer to me than he (one who describes this secret of Bhagavadgita to others), nor will there ever be one more dear. (Bhagavadgita 18. 69)
The formula for becoming dear to Lord Krishna is to spread this transcendental knowledge to others. So don’t forget to share the information about this quiz competition with your friends and inspire them to participate. Don’t forget to tag your friends while answering the questions in the comments section of the Facebook.
Make your life sublime by reading and studying the Bhagavad-gita seriously and practicing the same.
*Terms and conditions apply. Please read the rules carefully.
Rules for the Gita Quiz competition :
1. You should first like the Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir’s Facebook page to be eligible to participate in the contest.
2. You should read the relevant portions from the Bhagavad-gita As It Is by Srila Prabhupada and give the answers in the comments section of the Facebook page.
3. You should tag ten friends while answering each question in the comments section
4. We shall collate all the winners who answered all the eight questions correctly and from them select 25 lucky winners.
5. These 25 lucky winners will each receive a copy of the Bhagavadgita As it Is by post.
6. We shall also select one lucky winner by means of a lucky draw from among these 25 winners and conduct a one-day pilgrimage to Vrindavan, Mathura, the birth place of Krishna and show him some important places of pilgrimage therein.
7. The lucky winner can bring along with himself three more friends or family members for this pilgrimage.
8. The pilgrimage will be for a day and Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir will arrange for transport, accommodation and food for the lucky winner and the members of his troupe.
9. The transport shall be arranged only from Delhi onwards.
10. The date of this pilgrimage can be scheduled as per the blessed winners’ convenience but not later than 30th April 2016.